Home About The Engineer Duties & Responsibilities FAQ Township Trustees Links News Letters Contact Us!
Nav menu Cap Permit Information County Map Photo Gallery Drainage Bid/Contracts Standards Surveys Road Closings Current Projects/Info 5 Year Plan bottom nav cap

Frequently Asked Questions


Q. Can the posted speed limit on our road be reduced to slow down the speeding drivers?

It is a common myth that posting slower speed limit signs forces drivers to slow down. National research has shown that the prevailing traffic conditions and the type of road, not the posted speed limit, influence drivers. Traffic engineering studies take into account, speed at which most drivers travel, road design, road conditions, accident records, and many other factors.

Q. What is the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)?

The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) publishes the Manual on Union Traffic Control Devices (MUTD), which contains all national design, application, and placement standards for traffic control devices. The purpose of these devices, which includes signs, signals, and pavement markings, is to promote highway safety, efficiency, and uniformity so that traffic can move efficiently on the Nation's streets and highways. For more information on the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), click here.

Q. Whom can I talk to about work being done on a Township, County, or State Road?

All questions concerning road construction/maintenance on a Township Road should be directed to the Township Trustees. County road construction/maintenance questions can be answered by the Sandusky County Engineers Office at 419-334-9731. State road construction/maintenance questions should be directed to the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) Highway Garage at 419-332-1585.

Q. Where can I find out about Zoning Regulations for property in Sandusky County?

All zoning questions are a local matter and are enforced by the Township or Municipal Zoning Inspector.

Q. How can I view current Sandusky County aerial photos?

Contact the Geographic Information Systems (G.I.S.) Office 419-334-6230, located at the Sandusky County Courthouse.

footer corner footer corner